A Celebration of Black History
Sunday, January 25th, 2015 at 3:00 pm at St. Paul's United Church, 29 Park St. W., Dundas
For this special performance the orchestra is joined by a choir and a special guest soloist. A reception will follow the concert.
Guest soloist: Teresa Holierhoek (aka TiannaH)
- Joseph Boulogne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges: Symphony in D, Op. 11 No. 2
- S. Coleridge-Taylor: Petite Suite de Concert Op. 77
- Un sonnet d'amour (3rd mvt.)
- La tarantelle frétillante (4th mvt.)
- S. Joplin/arr. L. Thomas: Elite Syncopations
- R. Nathaniel Dett, arr. Lt. Thomas: In the Bottoms Suite
- Honey (Humouresque)
- Juba (Dance)
- D. Ellington: Come Sunday
- Traditional, arr. L. Thomas: Follow the Drinking Gourd (choir)
- Traditional, arr R. Emerson & L. Thomas: Wade in the Water (choir and orchestra)
- Traditional, arr. A. Thomas: Keep Your Lamps Trimmed and Burning(choir)
- Traditional, arr. R. Dillworth & L. Thomas: Morning Glory (choir and orchestra)
- J. Rutter - Feel the Spirit (choir and orchestra)
Admission is free. DVO gratefully accepts donations, and tax receipts are provided for donations of $10 or more.
DVO is comprised of talented amateur musicians from the Hamilton area. The ensemble presents two major public concerts each year and performs at Hamilton retirement homes. Audience members are welcome to meet the musicians at the post-concert reception.
Dundas Valley Orchestra
The Dundas Valley Orchestra provides amateur musicians the opportunity and joy of performing orchestral music. Musicians of all ages improve their skills and share this talent by performing community concerts and free concerts at community institutions such as nursing and retirement homes.