Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 3:00 pm at St. Paul's United Church, 29 Park St. W., Dundas
Reception following concert in basement of church.
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Turkish March, Op 113
- Mark Thomas: About Town (DVO's resident composer)
- Ralph Matesky: Variations on a Theme of Beethoven
- Chris Barletta: L'eroe e il Cattivo (winner of Student Composition Competition)
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 3, 1st mvt.
Nancy Cassels, piano
- Ludwig van Beethoven: Symphony No. 6, Op 68, F major (Pastoral)
Admission is free. DVO gratefully accepts donations, and tax receipts are provided for donations of $10 or more.
DVO is comprised of talented amateur musicians from the Hamilton area. The ensemble presents two major public concerts each year and performs at Hamilton retirement homes. Audience members are welcome to meet the musicians at the post-concert reception.
Dundas Valley Orchestra
The Dundas Valley Orchestra provides amateur musicians the opportunity and joy of performing orchestral music. Musicians of all ages improve their skills and share this talent by performing community concerts and free concerts at community institutions such as nursing and retirement homes.